Grants for individuals - Starfsafl
Starfsafl allocation rules
- Union member who has worked and paid premiums for 6 months in the last 24 months is entitled to an educational grant.
- The determination of grant amounts is based on paid premiums for the last 12 months. Premiums of minimum wage for full-time employment or higher amounts to a full grant.
- An application must to be filled out and an original invoice to be submitted to the office of the relevant trade union. The invoice may not be older than 12 months.
- The acquired rights of members within Starfsafl and/or Landsmennt or V.R. remain unchanged, despite transfers between funds, according to further rules.
- A member who quits his job will retain his rights for a grant for 3 months. After 3 months his rights are revoked. A member who quits his job because of sickness, domestic situation or other valid reasons retains his rights for a grant up to 24 months. After 24 months, his rights are revoked.
- Parents in maternity-/parental leave can use their acquired rights under Article 1 if they choose to pay premiums during vacation.
- Members who are searching for a job retain their rights as it was at the end of their previous job if they choose to pay premiums from unemployment benefits.