Efling – union calls for nominations of members to take part in the negotiations committee for the collective bargaining with negotiating parties in the public sector. To begin with a joint negotiations committee for the whole public sector will be appointed, but later the plan is to divide the committee into smaller sub-committees for each of the negotiating parties.
The first meeting of the joint negotiations committee for the public sector, which at the same time will be an information meeting about the role of the committee, will be on Wednesday March 8 at 6 pm in the cafeteria in the Efling office on the 3rd floor in Guðrúnartún 1. On screen text interpretation between English and Icelandic will be provided. Snacks, drinks and coffee will be offered.
All members who work in workplaces of the public sector negotiating parties of Efling (see the list below under „More information“) can nominate themselves to be on the negotiations committee. A form for nominations is here below.
The contracts in the public sector will expire on March 31 this year.
The public sector negotiating parties of Efling are among others the following:
- Reykjavík city. Contract.
- The Icelandic State (Landspítali and more workplaces). Contract and workplace agreements.
- Municipalites with with negotiations mandate at the Icelandic Association of Local Authorities (SÍS), which are Kópavogur, Seltjarnarnes, Mosfellsbær, Hveragerði and Ölfus. Contract.
- Nursing homes (SFV – The Association of companies in welfare services). Contract.
- Privately run schools and preschools (SSSK – The federation of independent schools). Contract.
- Other, e.g. HNLFÍ, SORPA, Orkuveitan and Faxaflóahafnir.
Please note that according to the collective agreements of Efling with the State (art. 16.6), Reykjavík city (art. 15.8), other municipalities (art. 14.2), nursing homes (art. 16.6) and private pre-schools those who are appointed to the negotiations committee get time off for that work without loss of pay from the regular salary. The supervisor should be informed about any such absences with a normal notice period. The permission is not exclusively for union representatives, but union representatives additionally have an open permission to perform work for the union.