Travel accommodation discounts in Iceland

By offering discounts of travel accommodation in Iceland, the Union wants to meet the wishes of those who do not use the Union holiday houses but who pay for accommodation when travelling domestically.

You can apply for the discount at My pages. With the application you must present an official invoice with your name and social security number (kennitala) dates of nights spent and the amount paid, from an acknowledged service provider. Then, the Union will refund up to half of the invoice amount, but a maximum of ISK 10,000.

An official invoice means that it must be issued by a certified accommodation provider and must include all the necessary information.

This applies to all accommodation in Iceland as well as package trips that include accommodation.

The same terms apply when renting campers or motorhomes.

Note that the discount cannot be used when renting holiday houses from Efling or from other unions.

Maximum grant is 10.000 kr. every calendar year.  You have to apply before 31 January for the last calendar year.

The right to grants/refunds from the Recreational Fund is based on the following:
• Contributions must have been paid to the fund for the previous six consecutive months and members must have enough points.
• Members who receive pension or disability pension can purchase vouchers for two years after retirement (as with rights to other funds) or if they have enough points.